These instructions assume you already have a Microsoft 365 account set up with a username and password. They are aimed at iBizify Microsoft 365 customers.
- Sign in to your Microsoft 365 account at office.com.
- Click your profile icon in the top-right, then View account.
- Under Security info click UPDATE INFO >
- Click Add sign-in method
- Select “Authenticator app”, then click Add.
- In your phone’s app store, search for and install “Microsoft Authenticator”.
- Click Next, then Next again.
- On your phone…
Open the Authenticator app.
💡 If you have not used Authenticator before, you might first be prompted to sign into a personal Microsoft account to facilitate backing up your Authenticator codes. If you have a personal Microsoft account, we recommend doing this. If not, you can create one or skip this process.
- In the menu, click Add account.
- Choose “Work or school account”.
- Tap Scan a QR code.
- Use your camera to scan the QR code presented on your computer screen.
💡 Your phone may ask you to give Authenticator permission to use your camera. You need to allow this.
- On your computer, click Next. Note the two-digit number presented on the computer screen. In this case, 28.
- Back on your phone, the request will pop-up either on your phone screen or as a notification.
- Tap on the notification if necessary, then enter the two digit number, then tap YES (or the tick button) to approve the login.
- Your computer will now automatically confirm the approval. Click Next.
- Setup is complete.
In future when you sign into a new device, or periodically thereafter you may be asked to approve a sign in request on your phone after having entered your password.
⚠️ If you ever receive a sign in approval on your phone when you are NOT signing in, report the incident to your administrator or support team.